Monday, March 28, 2011

OPI - Funky Dunkey with Hidden Treasure

Like I said, it's time for Hidden Treasure. :L I got this bottle from colorfulbottle to try out. I got it months ago but I didn't have any idea how to combine it. :D But when I saw really beautiful combo at With love, Ana I knew what I'll try one day. :P

So  I added 2 coats of Sally Hansen - Hidden Treasure over OPI - Funky Dunkey. I don't know why I thought one coat wasn't enough because it would look softer than this but I like it anyway. :D It can look yellow, orange or even green depends on the light, true chameleon. :)

The only thing I really don't like about this Sally Hansen is the brush. So wide and awkward. xo Applying HT was easy, but I really can't imagine how would I apply a pastel polish with that brush - my manicure would probably be just a big fail. :O

Sun
Shade
Daylight
My nails are on fire. :i I took thousand of pictures but I'll show you just these, because most of them are really similar. You get the idea how it looks like right?
I need more flakies in my stash, I wish I could get my hands on OPI - Merry Midnight - another polish which is hard to get. :( And I need some Nfu.OH flakies one day too......... Will my WL ever come to an end? :i

What do you think about this combination? Like it or not? I'm going to sleep now, it'll be a looong day tommorow. :)

Nighty night,
Ivana :k

22 Comment(s):

  1. Amazing combination!
    I love HT and I really like that kind of brush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive never seen this anywhere here, but this is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic combination! this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this combo is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! http://lh3.ggpht.com/_qadpUUgfbYI/SeAlJKmO6uI/AAAAAAAAAuc/nx-kHp7Wu8M/dance.gif

    ReplyDelete
  6. really pretty combo! i've never tried hidden treasure over purple. i'll have to soon!

    and i actually like the brush for the complete salon polishes!! i find it really easy to use.
    nicole by OPI has just switched over to the same brush.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Carolina: Thanks! :)
    I really don't like it, but I tried it for the first time, maybe I'm just not used to it. :D

    @Silence is Loud, Amanda, nail crazy, Kiva, Megan Harmeyer: Thank you girls. :)

    @rebecca: It looks really gret over dark colors, but I don't have a lot of them. :D
    We'll see how will I work with that brush when I get my JB polishes. I'm really not used to this brush and it looks awkward to me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! this color combo is awesome & I love the pic you took in the shade. I always used this over black - but I have some swatches of it over a light pink (which is cute) but it is really pretty over a teal color. Im going to use a combo like that in the summer when I do a mermaid design lol. & I didn't like the brushes at first either, but I got used to them and I actually like them now.<3

    ReplyDelete
  9. i knew it! i know it'll be this beautiful! the instant bling is awesome! haha. i only have nubar 2010, and they're kinda the same. i love my nubar 2010 for layering. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this combination! I haven't tried it but it definitely looks nice :) Great pictures by the way and awesome nail shapes :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did sort of the same thing with CQ Mystical a while back. I loooove layering HT over purples!

    Your swatches look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And you got the pictures looking so colour accurate too!!! I can never get my camera to love purples or even pinks for that matter. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't just like it, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a gorgeous combo :L Great pics as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a flaming beauty :) It's in my WL for a long time, and yes, WLs never end I guess.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Meni je prekrasna kombinacija. Full dobro <3 Je pa čopič od HT res smešen in zoprn za nanašat lak :S

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful combination! I like HT over just about anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing combination, and flakies are always pretty <3.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you don't mind but I linked you in my blog because I was so inspired by this mani!!

    http://basecoatandbeyond.blogspot.com/2011/03/secret-periwinkle-and-hidden-treasure.html

    Please let me know if it's not ok and I will edit my post. =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Prettyfulz: Thanks. :) I can't wait to see mermaid design. :L I hope I'll like them too one day. :)

    @rosey: I'm so happy you like it! I saw Nubar too and they look dupes, so no need to have both. :)

    @Elsa P.: Thank you. :h

    @Kee: Thanks! :) I really love sun, because I can take really great pictures, sometimes I've to use Microsoft Picture Manager to change contrast or brightness. But purples are definetely not fotogenic at all. xo And I don't mind you linked me, I'm honoured you did that and I'm so happy my mani inspired you. :h Thanks!

    @Elsa P.: I'm so happy to hear that! :h

    @Shiny!: Thank you! :)

    @ritterbraten: Too bad for our wallet I guess. :D I hope I'll kill my biggest lemings one day. :)

    @With love, Ana.: Hvala za inspiracijo. :D Ane? Sem že mislila, da sem jaz čudna, ker sem se res namučila. xo

    @KarenD: Thanks! I will try to layer it over a light shade one day, I'm really curious how would it look like.

    @Deborah: Agree! I need more flakies. :c

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, the change is spectacular. It looks like those awesome NFu's that I read so much about.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*