Saturday, May 12, 2012

Señorita Bonita & Forget Now Gradient

Gradient is a new huge trend going on right now so I definitely will make more gradients in the future, because I'm really a big fan! It looks like your nails were done by professional, but all you need is a piece of sponge, 2 or more polishes and you're ready to go. :i

When my previous manicure started chipping, I decided to upgrade it with a gradient. :L Since I already had this blueish pink, I decided to go with a pink and purple.
The purple I used is Señorita Bonita from China Glaze's Summer Island Collection (really gorgeous purple with tiny pink flakes), the pink is Forget Now from Sinful Colors. First I wanted to use 108 Degrees, also by China Glaze, but since I spilled out a few ml of this gorgeous polish, I checked my stash and found a dupe, yay! So yes, 108 Degrees and Forget Now are really really close. :)

I think I sponged 3 times, mostly because I wanted to cover my ring finger with Waking Up in Vegas, but 2 would be enough on other nails.

I just love this blurry picture I took. <3
Daylight - Blurry
Daylight
Base:
OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener
Ring Finger: Essence - Waking up in Vegas / 1 coat 
***
Sponging: China Glaze - Señorita Bonita & Sinful Colors - Forget Now
Beauty Secrets Top Coat Fast Finish Polish Dryer 

I just love how these 2 looks together! It looked even yummier as a base color I had on before sponging. :L Sometimes it looked like I was wearing a duochrome. :)

What do you think about this color combo? :) Did you already master this gradient technique? :) If you're searching for a tutorial, don't forget to check Sammy's amazing tutorial!

There's still time to vote for BM's contest, you can find the links in the right sidebar or in my previous posts! I know I'm spamming you with these links all the time. :$

Have a lovely weekend and thanks for reading!

Xoxo,
Ivana :k

15 Comment(s):

  1. Love love love it! I want to do some gradient nails too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally adore your color combination, Ivana! I love gradients!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gradients are something I can't seem to get right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok now I feel like I should also do a gradient mani xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. steta sto se na slikama ne vide flejkiji na prstenjaku al je super gradijent :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 108 Degrees is now in the permanent China Glaze line along with Blue Iguana. Unfortunately, Senorita Bonita was NOT added.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohh so so gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh la la! Gradients always leave me breathless... Love the shimmer in this one!
    Your nails are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning gradient! It really sparkles in the light!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*