Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Blue & Turquoise Gradient Nails

Can you believe it's already May here? :o Time flies by so fast....

I have another gradient manicure for you. :) I must say I'm really loving this trend, because they look so amazing and I got lots of compliments when I wore them. :$

Last time I picked a pink that was really hard to capture on picture and this time I picked a turquoise that looks blue on the pictures but I really hope you can see 2 colors on the pictures below. :D

Anyway, I applied a turquoise (China Glaze - Aquadelic) and baby blue creme (Essence - Fall for me) polish on the sponge and sponged it directly nails, moving the sponge a bit up and down while pressing so the colors really mixed together on the nail. I repeated this step 3 times to get a bit more opaque colors.I think I should add another coat but it looks better in person as on picture (I still can see some bald spots here and there).
Daylight

Sun
Here's how I applied 2 colors on the sponge. :)


Sponging: China Glaze - Aquadelic & Essence - Fall For Me
Beauty Secrets Top Coat Fast Finish Polish Dryer

There's a lot of techniques to do a gradient effect. You can do it like I did, or you apply one color and sponge the second on the tips,... I really love this tutorial from Sammy at The Nailasaurus so you should really check it out to see how she does it. I'll definitely try her method soon. :e

What do you think about today's color combination? Like it or not? :)

Have a lovely week and thanks for reading!
Xoxo,
Ivana :k


54 Comment(s):

  1. You knocked it out of the park again today Ivana! I am loving this trend and the colours you picked are just perfect - so summery.
    And thanks for the mention >.<
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammy! I'm loving this trend too! You're more than welcome, it's really a great tutorial, I just had to share it. :h

      Delete
  2. Haha, it seems like everyone has been posting gradient manicure pictures! Yours is beautiful, so cool and summery looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, gradient is a new fish egg trend. :D Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. Love this gradient! :L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The colours are so perfect and your technique is perfection! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It's really easy, the only thing I dislike is all the clean up you have to do. xD Oh well, everything for pretty nails... :D

      Delete
  5. Whoa, tole ti je pa čudovito uspelo. <3 Moram probat kaj takšnega v zelenem. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala! :) Ja, to pa le daj, take kombinacije pri meni pomoje ne bo nikoli. :D

      Delete
  6. I agree with the others, it's a perfect job and colours are so lovely :>

    ReplyDelete
  7. That technique looks like alot of fun! I like the pink/orange combo just a little more. :) Both are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I also prefer that one more because I love pink. :D

      Delete
  8. Nice job! They look amazing.. Still haven't been able to master this look myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Just try it a couple of times and you'll master this technique soon, I'm sure. :i

      Delete
  9. dang nice job on the gradient! you did it so well i could hardly distinguish the two colors at first glance :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Well, it person it was more obvious so the pictures aren't really the best. :$

      Delete
  10. This gradient is awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how subtle this is! Very pretty! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is stunning darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I love this one too! So amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joj Ivana
    preljepo izgleda moram pokusati i ja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala Nina! Pa baš moraš, nema ti druge. :)

      Delete
  15. Very pretty colors together! ♥ this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. uf, kako išta može biti loše s ovakvim bojama ;-D
    predivna manikura *.*

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE LOVE LOVE it babe! You did an amazing job, and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. moja omiljena boja ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Onda moraš pokušati napraviti nešto slično! :)

      Delete
  19. Gorgeous clean gradient! Love the colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is absolutely GORGEOUS, the colours are sooooo pretty together! It looks amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really nice idea, I'm definitely gonna try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, it looks so stunning! :)

      Delete
  22. Replies
    1. Thank you Miriam! Comments like this one always make my day! <3

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*