Tuesday, February 21, 2012

1 Dot, 2 Dots, 3 Dots, .... ∞

Sarah from Chalkboard Nails is hosting a lovely nail art contest. :) I usually don't enter any contests, because themes are way to complicated for me or I just don't have time to actually make something out. :) But I really loved the Sarah's theme: The Dotting Tool. Everyone knows how to use a dotting tool or if you don't have it, you can use a toothpick or a bobby pin. Simple but you can get a lovely polka dot pattern. <3 I'm a big fan of polka dots so I almost made a plain manicure with dots for this contest but then I decided to challenge myself.

I always wanted to try this out but I never actually had patience for this. I came home in a bad mood because of my exams yesterday, so I decided to do something with my nails and cheer me up. I had a bad cut with a razor few days ago so I shorten them as short as possible again.

So, I started with a coat of BS. So "naked" nails, dotting tool, a white and bunch of pink and  polishes. :D Another manicure that just screams my name. :$

I added dots on background with CS3, I just loved the heart theme before and I can't stop trying more and more. :) Pictures aren't best, because this weather makes everything just worse. :(

Daylight
I'm holding China Glaze - Empowerment

All the polishes I used are on the picture below. :) I used those two sided dotting tool for dots.

 China Glaze - Snow, Something Sweet, Empowerment, Sugar High, Laced Up,  Rich & Famous, Heli-Yum
Orly - Fancy Fuchsia, Frolic
Catrice - Hot or Not
p2 - Crazy Love
Essie - French Affair, Splash of Grenadine
Essence - Very Berry, Mr. Big

It's not hard to make a manicure like this. You just keep adding dots until your nail is fully covered. :) You probably need a bit of patience and that's it. :)

I'm not expecting to win anything, because lots of gorgeous manicures already entered but I had a great time doing this manicure. So if you're a dotting tool fan or you would like to try something out, enter Sarah's contest too! 

Let me know what do you think? Will you try it out? If you don't like pink, you can choose your fave color, I'm really wondering how would this manicure look in purple or even blue. :D I'd need more blues in my stash to get a manicure like this. :D 

Xoxo,
Ivana :k

72 Comment(s):

  1. Ooo! Look at all that pink! I really like your dots. The way you did it, it looks like there are a lot of layers and depth to it. Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! you used so many colors :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is stunning! Great take on the challenge! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. XD That pile of polishes! But the result is really pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yap, lots of pinks to cover all my nails. :D

      Delete
  5. This is super cute and one I am going to try, thanks for the inspiration!
    Jww

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joycelyn! Share a link when you make a mani like this with me! :)

      Delete
  6. this is so pretty! :L

    ReplyDelete
  7. it reminds me of bokeh in photography! :D love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to google "bokeh" , because I had no idee what is that. :D And now I finally know a word that was always missing in my dictionary. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  8. Polka dot overdose, but love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, original and I love it! And great color choice =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bregje! :P I should really surprise all of you and make a green manicure like this. :i

      Delete
  10. this is so pretty! it reminds me of bokeh (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is pretty. Ivana really thinks pink! Lol.. SO much Pinks! Love it.. Love the depth of the dots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy. :D My 2nd name is Pink. :P

      Delete
  12. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS IVANA! Of course you know that I would be a fan! This looks amazing and I definitely need to give this a go! Great mani Ivana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Marketta! :h Now I can't wait to see your manicure! Do it fast! :P

      Delete
  13. woah this looks A M A Z I N G !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful!!! :D I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's super cute! I really wish you to win! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! :) Oh well, it's a tough competition but I'm so happy to see all these comments all of you left here. <3

      Delete
  16. WOW!! So many pretty pinks together! Very beautiful, Ivana! ♥ it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment! <3

      Delete
  17. Awesome it looks like sparkling particle and not like dots :D, I love it ;3.

    lg Neru

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry for the "exam bad mood"...Anyway you did an amazing mani! I haven't used my dotting tool since the guest post I did for you, maybe it's time to take it out again (what about a green version of this mani?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly! :h You definitely should, I'd love to see a green version on you. <3 If I would pull out all greens I have, there'd be only 2 dots on my nails. :D

      Delete
  19. This looks really unique! I'll have to see if I could accomplish something like this!

    <3 Jackie
    http://fashionxfairytale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just start with dots and you'll see how easy this can be. And be sure you clean the dotting tool when the polish starts getting dry! :)

      Delete
  20. Pretty! Reminds me of a painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG svaka čast za tole manikuro...ti je pa vzela nekaj časa, kaj? Full lepo! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala! :) Ja, malce pa res, ampak saj veš, ko padeš noter, gre vse tako hitro. :P

      Delete
  22. meni ovo stvarno besprijekorno izgleda *.*
    zbilja je krasna... što me sjetilo, nisam ni sama odavno 'točkala' ;-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala! :) Ajmo, točkalicu u ruke, odma!!! :D

      Delete
  23. OMG I love it sooooooo cute I need to try this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope I can see it soon on your blog! <3

      Delete
  24. I think it is beautiful. I want to try it even though it looks like it took a long time. Don't underestimate your skills. Dotting may be easy, but you made it amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Malinda. :h It really took me a bit more as usual but when you have so many colors, you quickly fill the whole nail with dots. :D You should try it out, it's so easy. :)

      Delete
  25. Very awesome, I love it! You definitely have some patience! hah I've been contemplating enterng that contest too, cause I love my dotting tool, just deciding on a design is the hard part. hah
    I'm glad someone else does nails to cheer them up. Whenever I'm having a horrible day, I go straight to doing nails, get into the zone, and forget about everything else. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :h I definitely have, especially when my days aren't the best. :D Yap, just like me - and when I'm done I always feel so much better. :)

      Delete
  26. Ooooh, I like, I like!!

    And look at all those pinks!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Prekrasno kao i uvijek!!
    Imaš nagrade kod mene ;))

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's so gorgeous! Colourful and reminds me of a mosaic. I definitely don't have the patience for something like this. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashleigh. :) You can always add a base color, so the naked nail won't peek through. :D And when you pick lots of polishes to use them like this, you'll see, how fast will you cover your nails. :D

      Delete
  29. OMG! This is in the top two I've seen so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. stvarno super izgleda, ima dubinu i zanimljivost, moram jednom skupit dovoljno strpljenja i probat ovo :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is both super pink AND awesome! Exactly what I expect from you! And you keep delivering stunning manicures!

    This is sooo time consuming but the end result is incredible!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That's super cute. I love dots in general and I can't stop looking at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow that is so cute I'd love to try something like this it looks so cute!
    Found your blog via Chalkboard nails ans just started following, would love you to check out my blog and follow back if you like :D
    http://blissfulbeautyxox.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*