Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'll take you to the Candy Shop

Am I the only one who have 50 Cent's Candy Shop beat and music in my head when I see Candy Shop? Such an old song that brings me back to childhood when I thought he was singing about lollipops. :D

Anyway.... Candy Shop from Claire's is a good substitute for Deborah Lippmann's guess which one? Yes, Candy Shop. :D They're not dupes but they're really very very close. Here you can see a great comparison post at Sincerely Stephanie. :) Since I got this one, I really don't need the other one. :)

I expected much worse application but it went on like butter. I added 2 coats, glitter stayed flat but I still added a coat of top coat. There's still some VNL so I should maybe add another coat, but it wasn't so obvious in person.
Daylight

Sun
There's a lot of going on in this polish... Multicolored hexagonal glitter and round tiny glitter in a sheer jelly light pink base. :L I'll definitely wear it soon again, because it's sooo gorgeous! I removed it with a foil method, so no rubbing was needed. :)

 OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener
Claire's - Candy Shop / 2 coats
Nail Tek Intensive Therapy II 
 Do you like Candy Shop? :D

 My baby boy got neutered today. He's still a bit angry and ignoring me... :)
This picture was made right before we went to the vet...
And when we came home... So sleepy and dizzy... Awwwwwww. :k
I'm so happy this is behind both of us, because I was so stressed out these days. He's already jumping and playing around. :)

Have a lovely weekend dear readers and thanks for reading!

Xoxo,
Ivana :k

37 Comment(s):

  1. I was so happy when this came out!! I've only worn it on my toes so far, but I loved it then!

    Hope your boy feels better soon! Cat neuters litterally take 5 minutes to do.....it usually takes longer to get them under anesthesia then the actual surgery takes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should wear it as a pedi too! :L

      I was so freaking out yesterday when we left him there, you should just see me. :) Oh well, he's my baby after all. :$ But I'm so happy everything is okay now and he's not in pain. That's so interesting, I always thought it takes longer but good to hear that. :D

      Delete
  2. LOL i totally thought of that song when i saw your post title! love that color btw! so awesome that its a dupe for DL's pricey polishes, i really want to try it :D aww i hope your kitty feels better soon, he'll be better in the long run! we were learning in bio how neutered animals have longer life spans (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was on TV all the time. xD
      Indeed. :D I hope you'll find it, it'll look so gorgeous on you! :L

      He's already back on track being a bad boy again. :) I didn't know that so thanks for the info. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow. Funny I also had the song in my head when I saw your title. Poor kitty. Thankfully they get over stuff so quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right sue. :) He was really lost when we got home but few hour later, he was the same old kitty. :h

      Delete
  4. I thought of the song too. I'm currently doing a giveway. Please enter if you can. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ansa, I will check it out. :)

      Delete
  5. I love this, but none of the Claire's here have it :( cute kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Allie, I hope you'll find it soon!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hvala!! :D V živo je res tako krasen. :L

      Delete
  7. lak je čudovit!

    Pa buba mala, celi zmeden še izgleda <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala Biba! :) Je bil res tako bogi, ko smo ga prinesli domov, ampak par ur kasneje pa je bil spet poln energije. :)

      Delete
  8. Our Molly is neutered too and she now doesn't like people tickling her belly or anything, but I'm glad to do it.
    Our previous cat died from cancer, probably caused by the fertility control medication we gave her regularly, so with my sister's cat we obviously didn't want to make the same mistake again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yap, neturing is really best for cats in different ways. I'm so sorry for your previous cat. :(

      Delete
  9. You're so lucky finding Claire's in Slovenia.. here in Italy it's not sold :(

    Really really cute color btw! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, we don't have Claire's in Slovenia. :( I got it in a swap few weeks ago from US. :)

      Delete
  10. ... let you lick my lollipop ;-D
    nisam ja kriva, ti si me sjetila pjesme... ali lak je fantastičan :-D
    bidan mucek, znam kako je bilo mome kad smo mu to napravili... ali moj je čitav dan iza operacije prespavao, a mi se zločesti smijali dok je nakon toga pokušavao hodati pa padao... jadničak <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jao. :D
      A joooj. <3 Naš nije spavao skoro pa cjelu noč, samo je par sati bio malo zbunjen. Ali su slatki i zbunjeni! :L A moja mama se derala na mene, šta smo mu to napravili. xD

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous! & You're not the only one who starts singing 50 Cent :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I thought I'm the only one but everytime I see Candy Shop, I have that song in my minds. xD

      Delete
  12. Yay, Candy Shop is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carmeloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor baby-boy! Kisses for him!

    Amazing Glitter polish! One of the prettiest I´ve seen! (Hope I can get it in Germany too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yogi! :) He's sending kisser right back at ya. :h

      I hope you'll find it, such a fun polish! :)

      Delete
  15. Really pretty! Love the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww, sleepy kitty! I hope he continues to recover well <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. super mi je ovaj, jos otkad je onaj lippman izasao govorim da cu smuckat franken pa nikako. nadam se da ce se bebo brzo odljutit

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh poor little Mido! I hope he is ok now? I have still yet to try my Candy shop, I will this week I think!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for the shout out! It looks awesome on you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*