Saturday, July 28, 2012

Inspired by: Harlequin Hardware Manicure

Did you ever heard for Harlequin Hardware manicure? Well I haven't but I saw pictures on Tumblr all the time. :D Here's a picture...
http://makeupforlife.net
“Harlequin Hardware” manicures created by CND‘s Candice Manacchio at the Diego Binetti show. To create these gorgeous looks, Candice stained models' nails in CND Colour in Raspberry Parfait and Frosting Cream before capping them in gold and silver metal.
The gradient looks so perfect and airbrushed on pictures and I already knew I won't get same smooth effect but I really wanted to try it out. :D Tips are probably mirror gold stickers, as you can see on her pinkie it started lifting. :i

It looks much better from far away as on macro photos. :i



First I started with 2 coats of OPI Sweet Heart. Then I applied Sweet Heart and Hot or Not? on sponge and started sponging pink near the cuticles and blending pink with the lighter color. It's even messier than a normal gradient, because you need to be careful not to get pink in the middle of nails. I literally had pink fingers all around cuticles. :) Then I add just Sweet Heart on sponge and tapped it in the middle of nails in case there were pink spots. I added coat of top coat and left it for a day. Yesterday I made gold french tips with China Glaze 2030 and stripping tape and finished everything with another coat of top coat.

Without Golden Tips
I got so many compliments and lots of them were wondering if my nails are fake or how I did them. :)
Sun
OPI - Sweet Heart / 2 coats
Sponging: OPI - Sweet Heart & Catrice - Hot or Not?
 Beauty Secrets TC Fast Finish Polish Dryer
Funky french: China Glaze - 2030 & Stripping Tape
Beauty Secrets TC Fast Finish Polish Dryer

Yup, gradient effect is grainy if you look closer but I don't care, it's still pretty. ^_^
This technique is a bit messy and time-consuming but when you're done, you have a pretty awesome manicure going on your nails. :L

Btw, follow me on instagram @ivanathinkspink, I joined a few days ago . :)

What do you think? Would you wear it? :i Thanks for reading! :h

Edit - 18th September 2012 ~ Adding video tutorial :)



Xoxo,
Ivana :k

59 Comment(s):

  1. I LOVE this! I completely want to try this out once my nails grow out :) Gorgeous girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really really neat. I would totally wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. osupnila sem ob tej popolni manikuri :b :D obvladaš :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ivana! This is BRILLIANT!
    Sometimes challenging manicures are worth the time!

    I wonder, if you could paint your nails the base/bright pink and then just sponge on the lighter middle with a thin sponge!? That way you're not working in the ciliticle area!?
    GORGEOUS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marta! :h

      First I wanted to do it that way but this light pink is pretty sheer and I wasn't sure if the pink under would peek through and I didn't want that. :D Now it's your turn to try it that way and let us know how it works! :i

      Delete
  6. this is SO cool! you did such a nice job, it looks exactly like the original photo except for the lifted tips haha :D i've been loving your inspired nails lately ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  7. No wonder you got so many compliments on this mani! People get ripped off at salons for a mani that will be miles away from what you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Čudovito, kot vedno! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I saw this picture a while ago and saved it, but I sort of dubbed it "impossible." You did a fantastic job! I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous!! I'd like to try this, but I'm afraid I'm not so talented))

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome Ivana. You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Čudovito! Moram še sama preizkusit, samo da mi malo nohti zrastejo. =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful! I should this out someday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow ooodlično!!! Zbilja totalno efektno!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow <3 Tole bom pa poskusla tudi sama, če te ne moti :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. it looks awesome!! you did a great job and I like it better than the original manicure! I wanna try it now :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. PA zadnje čase pa še sam dol padam na tvojem blogu. Se mi zdi, da se moji komentarji kar ponavljajo. Prečudovito je tole res! In te slike z obema rokama so win! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that it's different!! It's another twist on the standard gradient. And I agree, i think you did a better job than the original. :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so pretty! I totally want to do a purple version now on my nails! haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! This is probably the cutest and best done manicure I've seen! I'm so in love!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like YOURS better than the other!!! BEA-U-TI-FUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's awesome! I'll try to reproduce it using different colours <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!! This is gorgeous!! I have to try this manicure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. you're gifted it's beautiful, really!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that! I'll have to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous Ivana, I think I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooh, Ivana, this looks so awesome! I think you nailed it, and it looks better without the gold lifting in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Followed you on Instagram! Even though I don't ever use it! lol

      Delete
  28. This looks absolutely stunning! You did an amazing job, congrats :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sačuvala sam sličnu sliku prije par dana da pokušam uraditi :)
    Ali mislila sam ovom metodom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRlIkKfH_Lo&feature=g-hist
    Pogledaj, možda bi ti sledeći put bilo lakše tako :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala Boba! Videla sam i taj tutorial ali sam htela nekako napraviti gradient, nije perfektno ali ok! :)

      Delete
  30. da znaš da totalno ludo izgleda *.*

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is AMAZING! You have seriously gorgeous hands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's one of the most beautiful i have ever seen! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  33. bome se treba dobro potrudit za ovo, ali je konacan rezultat sjajan, dobro mi je i sam gradient, ali sa zlatnim vrhovima se bas sve lijepo zaokruzi i daje wow efekt

    ReplyDelete
  34. tvoji izgledajo fuuuuuul lepše, kot pa "original" :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! This looks amazing and I like it even better than your inspiration photo! Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. oh wow this one is unique and different had not seen this look before, must try!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. bet is would look nice with a pink, coral and a orange yellow. Like those pretty variegated rose petals. This looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  39. i love this! i would try it if i didn't suck so much at anything even remotely close to nail art ;)

    ReplyDelete
  40. AMAZING!!!!!! I have a picture of this exact same manicure on my Pinterest for quite a while, and I always wanted to know how they achieved this look! Now I know how, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm not overly fond of the original look, but I have to say yours looks way better than the inspiration! I would wear your version!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Svetovno <3 !! Prvič vidim to manikuro :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. So beautiful! I'm not sure I'm elegant enough to pull off the look, but it sure is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Absolutely gorgeous Ivana!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love it! I actually emailed this mani to myself so I could attempt it too when I saw it a month or so ago. So so gorgeous and I love how it turned out on you. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  46. Gorgeous, seriously! You're a talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Waw! Tole pa mi je blazno vsec! Hvala za navdih :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Can you please do a video on how to do this look. I love the outcome!!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love this look/technique! It is so different and pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*