Thursday, July 5, 2012

BeautyBird Stick Up Self-Adhesive Nail Foils

I've been really lazy so I'm not really wearing nail polish lately because of this heat we have (yay, Summer :L), that's why I decided to try out some stickers I have. :D

I got these from Nihrida months ago but I never got around to try them on. I got this super cute red polka dot pattern. <3 I was really sceptical about stickers, because I only tried Essence Studio Nails - Nail Fashion Stickers in Catwalk! so far, which didn't work for me at all. I wouldn't say these are foils (they do not need need adhesive glue) but stickers.
BeautyBird Stick Up Self-Adhesive Nail Foils
You get 20 self-adhesive stickers and a file. Your nails have to be clean, then you choose a sticker that will fit your nails and apply it. Smooth down with fingers and file off the excess. For better results you can add a coat of clear polish first.

I skipped this step and I applied stickers directly on clean nails. I had some problems with finding the the right size, so some of them don't fit perfectly on sides. Same with thumb - the biggest sticker is really rounded and since my thumb nail is really squared at cuticles, I cut off that rounded part of sticker and got perfect squared sticker. They're easy to smooth down, I used my fingertips and wooden cuticle pusher. Lastly I removed the excess with a file.

Final result....
Daylight
I applied them on Sunday and today on Thursday I'm still wearing them. I'm doing regular stuff I usually do on a daily basis, I took so many showers because it's so hot, washed dishes all the time, I even spent one day at pool... And after 4 days they look like this... :i
Daylight
Close up...

Some stickers are still perfect but some of them already lifted on tips but they aren't thick so they don't scratch my face when I touch it like those from Essence. You can't even notice these mistakes if you're not really searching them.To remove them you simply pull them off the nails. :)

The whole set costs 9€ and they offer lots of different designs. A bit pricey for my wallet, but I must say they worked great for me. Not something you could use every week but they're perfect for holidays, special occasions etc,... 

I got so many compliments so far and lots of them didn't believe that these are stickers. :i What do you think about these? Do you like wearing stickers? Thanks for reading! :h

Xoxo,
Ivana :k

9 Comment(s):

  1. Love the pattern! But i have a thing against stickers. I guess because my peeling my nail off experiance with those of Essence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kak luštno! Še nikoli nisem imela teh nalepk na nohtih, se bom mogla 1x spravit zraven :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. bas su simpaticne i super izgledaju tek stavljene, ovo nakon cetri dana mi je ipak malo preosteceno, ja to odma mijenjam kad krenu ostecenja

    ReplyDelete
  4. ful lušno! jaz imam ene nalepke že kar nekaj časa doma, ampak še nisem prišla tako daleč da bi jih uporabla :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Odlicni su a i izdrzljivi su koliko vidim na ovoj slici posle cetiri dana. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, I don't know what to think about them..As you said, I'm really skeptical.
    I love the result I see on other people's hands, but I'm not really convinced when I think of using them myself. Mhm..I cannot truly explain why, but I'm not inspired :D
    Anyway, if well applied (as you did here) they look really great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If these are thinner than Essence one I should check them out! The design is gorgeous! Btw, stop by my blog, I gave you an award :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never tried full nail stickers or foil, but it does look cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*