Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Inspired by: Chanel Fall 2012 Couture Nails

Few days ago I was spending my time on Tumblr checking nail art pictures, when I spotted this gorgeous manicure. Of course I googled more for details and after seeing more detailed pictures, I knew I had to try it myself. The manicure I'm talking about was done by Chanel and here's a picture.

http://www.vogue.co.uk
For the autumn/winter 2012-13 couture show, nails were painted in a limited-edition Silver shade from 2007, before spring 2012's May was applied in an oval shape.
Two colors that were used on Chanel Haute Couture Fall 2012 runway were Silver (2007, discontinued) and May (Spring 2012). 

I don't own any of those, well I actually don't have any Chanel's nail polishes, because they're too expensive, so I decided to make something similar. :i


Two colors I decided to use were China Glaze Cheers to You and OPI Sparrow me the Drama. This is some kind of ruffian manicure but a lot easier version, because there is more free edge on sides of nails and with a flat brush like OPI has, you're done in 3 brush strokes. :) 

I made lines even cleaner with brush soaked in remover. I gently removed the pink where needed without ruining the silver foil underneath, because foils really stick on nails. Of course you can always apply top coat over silver and before pink. to be really sure you won't ruin the base color with brush and remover.

OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener
China Glaze - Cheers to You / 2 coats
Beauty Secrets TC Fast Finish Polish Dryer

I'm very excited to post this manicure today and I hope you'll like it too. :i I did my best to show you my both hands, but nothing can't compare to the original though... So, all you need is a metallic or foil silver and bubblegum pink and you can rock these as models did. ^_^

Let me know what do you think about Chanel's nails, would you wear them? :) Thanks for reading! :h

Edit - 20h September 2012 ~ Adding video tutorial :)


Xoxo,
Ivana :k

41 Comment(s):

  1. i recently tried out this look too! you did a great job ivana :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this mani a couple of weeks ago, it is on my to do list ahhaha.. but omg yours came out even better than theirs <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! love it! need to try that one out! i just did 4 different nailart manicures (for a competition)... all including pink... i just love pink!
    i'll keep that one in mind ;)
    thx for showing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fantastic. I did this in gold background with a matte blue...
    it is RAWSOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and would definitely wear it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ajjjj kako je lepo <3

    http://jeckamakeupbeautyandfashionpalace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a big fan of ruffian manicure but I do like this style a lot!! I wanna try!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful!! u did it perfectly
    and love ur jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this! I was gonna try it too, but maybe with some ofher color instead of pink)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Might have to try this myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this manicure! The color combo is absolutely perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks beautiful on you. I might have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! I've got to try this. Fantastic job! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kok lepo, tole moram pa tudi jaz sprobat :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This looks amazing on you... very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful idea and your take on is stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for inspiring me, ivana!

    https://www.facebook.com/LacqueMeTender/posts/268970859870739

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Monika for sharing a link! :h You did a great job!

      Delete
  18. Omg kk lepo! morem nujno poskusit, ker je pa kombinacija za dol padit! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. As I already said, this is gorgeously precise, you did an awesome job with this mani!
    I'll try to reproduce this technuque, maybe with different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did an awesome job. I don't trust my steadiness to replicate it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like the result! And you are using cruelty free polishes, which Chanel isn't, so yours is way better :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. carsko..! sm tvoja redna "gledalka" bloga, samo nimam teh profilov, ampak tole morm komentirat, ker je res lepo.. nedavno sm vidla nekej podobnega ob stalkanju fotkic, samo sm mela občutek da je tak okrogel gradient, spodaj je bila bolj mlečna barva.. i guess this one is more simple. :) eno vprašanje - s kakšnim čopičem si odstranjuješ odvečni lak..? jaz mam dejansko nekega od essence za v-cuts, sam me zanima če je kakšn bolj optimalen. :) lp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala! :$
      Uporabljam čopič iz art trgovine, ki je podoben čopiču za eyeliner, ampak je neprimerljivo trši, zato mi je tako všeč (imam pa ga še iz osnovne šole :i ). Lahko ga vidiš tukaj čisto na koncu. :) Je pa odvisno, kaj tebi najbolj odgovarja. Mislim, da s kakšnim majhnim prirezanim čopičem ne moreš zgrešiti pa pomoje tudi (pre)dragi niso. Upam, da sem ti kaj v pomoč. ^_^

      Delete
  23. Adorable! Pinning it immediately to try asap :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I actually like your version much more than the original. So neatly done, congrats! :) I think ruffian looks much better on your nail shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I didn't think I would like it so much but it looks amazing on you!!! <3 Maybe I should try it one day! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ok, tole je pa noro dobro. o.O Prvič vidim in mi je res grozno všeč. Pa na tvojih nohtih zgleda za umret dobro. <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. Res čudovito! Obvladaš! <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. nije mi bas neki look, ali dobro skopirano i izvedeno :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Joj Ivana kombinasija je fantasticna <3
    Ja imam 2 Chanela i 1 Dior i mogu reci da se po nicemu ne otlicuju sa ostale brandove , jedino shto nihov brand povecava cjenu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. so in love with this! You make it look effortless!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You did an amazing job! I think your nails look prettier than the model's ones :L

    ReplyDelete
  33. Perfect! Totally an Ivana manicure ♥. Really compliments your nailshape too.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yeah, your mani came out way better than the others I've seen on the net! I tried it out with less success (using a lighter shade by OPI). But, my nails are shorter now too. This has inspired me to try again later once my nails are a tad longer.. with a darker pink. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is incredibly gorgeous ! OUTSTANDING!

    ReplyDelete
  36. wow! i love this! i love your blog and your videos on youtube! thanks! you're doing every girl a big favor. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*