Thursday, May 10, 2012

Essence Nail Colour³ - Shopping Trip in Soho

Essence came out with duo nail polishes this spring and when I was buying some of them for swap, I decided to buy one for me. I picked duo Shopping Trip in Soho, of course. :i They're called Essence Nail Colour3 - "choose from either of the two colours or layer them over each other to create your unique 3rd colour!" That's what it says on the bottle.

I decided to layer them, because the flakie side is sheer so it's perfect for layering. :) Each side has also name stamped on the bottle with really cute font. :)

The base Shopping Trip in Soho is pink with really subtle pink shimmer, but it looks like it's a pink creme on nails. My phone doesn't want to pick up the shimmer but it's really visible in the bottle but unfortunately not on nails. I added 2 coats for full opacity.
Daylight
OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener
Essence - Shopping Trip in Soho / 2 coats
 I was trying to pick up the shimmer, but I failed. xD


Then I added one coat of Party all night long. It's a sheer jelly base with pink and blue flakies. It reminds me of jam - so juicy and delicious. :D They're not super visible on the nail, but if you look closely, you will see this blurple and pink sheen.
Daylight
OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener
Essence - Shopping Trip in Soho / 2 coats
Essence - Party all night long / 1 coat

Flakies.. :L

Just because I was bored, I added a coat of Waking up in Vegas (also by Essence) on my ring finger. More flakies. :L
Daylight
OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener
Essence - Shopping Trip in Soho / 2 coats
Essence - Party all night long / 1 coat
Ring Finger: Essence - Waking up in Vegas / 1 coat 

I'm not really a fan of pinks with blue shimmer, so I'm not really sure how I feel about pink with blue flakies. :D I won't say I hate it but I'm not really loving it either. :D I'm also not a fan of duo polishes - you get 2x4 ml of polish, they're hard to storage, because they're so long. If you don't like how long they are, just simply pull them apart and you'll get 2 tiny bottles easy to storage. 

Do you have any of these Essence's Duos? What's your favorite?  :)

Just to remind you... It'd mean a world to me if you'd take a second of your time and vote for me in BM's contest. Voting ends on Sunday and you can vote every day...

If you have FB profile, click HERE to vote.
If you don't have FB, click HERE to vote.


Thank you so much for your votes! :) 

Have a lovely day and thanks for reading!

Xoxo,
Ivana :k

17 Comment(s):

  1. I love this collection so bad!!
    This is a beautiful one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks pretty, I only have the blue one, but never tried it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge pink fan, but this is just lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two, both with flakies, and have tried navy blue one but not this one!
    Thanks for the swatch, now I definitely must try this myself.
    It also looks great with Waking up in Vegas, I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Essence double polish pens! They are so cool and this pink flakie is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ta ra ta taaa, konačno sam imala nekog pinkaća na blogu prije tebe ;-D
    krasan mi je <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. The topper is very gorgeous! The pink isn't sooo special ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty!!! I'd die for some Essence ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. super je i boja i kombinacija, ali te duo bocice osim sto su preskupe su nespretne s njima za lakirat, bar meni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! ♥

    I voted for your manicure... I hope you'll win! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love these together, they make a gorgeous combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ivana bas je divan ovaj essence
    bas sam go preko jucer gledala u Dm

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty, I have a couple of these and really pleased with them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love 2-in-1 polishes! I love these flakies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I disagree with you! This looks fantastic on you... But then I'm a little coo coo for anything flakie ;)
    Bregje sent me the blue dual polish and yes, storage is tricky, but I am so happy I own it. I don't have access to these here in Canada :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*