Sunday, May 27, 2012

Bloom-a-Loom & Forget-me-Not Gradient

Gradients, gradients... We're seeing lots of great gradients everywhere. :D I usually get bored with a new trend quite fast but gradients still rock my world. So I decided to make another one. x)

Blossoms etc... TE from Essence was available more than 1 year ago and I didn't have a chance to use them before. I still remember going to the store to pick them out, when they showed up. :D So when I was searching for a perfect combo, I knew they're meant to be together. :D
Essence - Bloom-a-Loom & Forget-Me-Not
Bloom-a-Loom is a warm lilac polish with a lilac shimmer, Forget-Me-Not is a stunning periwinkle blue with a blue shimmer. Both are really gorgeous and the shimmer isn't super visible on the nail, but it's there, especially visible on sun in person. :L

I started with 2 coats of Bloom-a-Loom and then I sponged both. I just made an accent nail on my ring finger with a reverse combo. :)
Daylight
Sun
OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener
Essence - Bloom-a-Loom / 2 coats
Sponging: Essence - Bloom-a-Loom &; Forget-me-Not
Beauty Secrets Top Coat Fast Finish Polish Dryer 

It's maybe not bright enough for what I want on my nails right now (I'm really in the mood for neons at the moment) but I still love this color combination. :L

What do you think? Did you already master this technique? You're not familiar with this technique? - Well, check Sammy's tutorial here and start sponging! :)

Just came home after watching Eurosong with my BFF. :) Congrats to Sweeden of course, but my winner is Željko Joksimović and his absolutely amazing song and voice! <3
Idi, samo, samo idi, tamo. Leti, pevaj, srce drugome daj, al' znaj, da zbogom nije kraj. Nije moja ljubav stvar, pa da neznam šta ću s njom, želim ti sve najbolje, ova ljubav samo moj je brodolom.
Have a lovely weekend! <3

Xoxo,
Ivana :k

34 Comment(s):

  1. Gorgeous gradient! Those colors are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! This collection is probably one of my fave from Essence. <3

      Delete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE! My 2 favorite colors and it looks great on you babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a gradient master lol yours is beautiful and the colors are well blended!! it's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! :D Me neither but practice makes perfect! Let's keep sponging. :i

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty!!! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Benna! :) I'm so in love with gradients! :L

      Delete
  5. so pretty ..my gradients never blend like that :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tânia! :) I always use very subtle colors for gradients, because they're really easy to blend. :i

      Delete
  6. Amazing mani, very airbrush looking! The combo is cute and chic :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! :) I really loved it! :L

      Delete
  7. super je kombinacija, sad mi je zao sto nemam i Bloom-a-loom da besramno iskopiram manikuru :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and subtle... ♥ it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I have never seen this TE in my city, anyway these colors are super nice and the gradient mani is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's bad! I know this collection was also available in US. :/ I hate when Essence doesn't release collecetions everywhere. xo

      Delete
  10. lepa manikura ;) ampak si se zatipkala pri imenu odtenka-forget me NOT ne forget me now :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala! Že popravljeno. :)

      Delete
    2. malenkost ;) saj niti ni bilo mišljeno kot kritika,mene je v bistvu kr nasmejalo :i pozabi me zdaj,hehe.. :P

      Delete
    3. Hehe, mene tudi, ko sem prebrala tvoj komentar. :D In tako vsaj vidim, da me berete. :P Nene, pozabila te ne bom. ^_^

      Delete
  11. What lovely colours for a gradient! You executed it perfectly! I'm definitely gona have to do another one this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you V.! :) And I can't wait to see more gradients from you! :L

      Delete
  12. oooh my! This is so beautiful. And such a great job :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg, this is the prettiest gradient nails I have ever seen! *drool*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*