Saturday, April 23, 2011

OPI - Houston We Have a Purple

I'm starting a weekend with a sorbet a.k.a jelly. :D When I first saw promo pictures of OPI Texas collection I was like - "Nah" I don't need them... But never say that before you see real swatches. :i I'm big fan of jellies but they're so hard to find - Essence had one jelly (So Wanted) and even this one was discountinued! :(

So I had to have all pinks from Texas collection. :i Wearing a sorbet is like having candy on my nails, strange. :i I picked Houston we have a purple for today - I actually had 2 bottles, which I got from Leslie and Carolina in our swaps, so I gave one bottle away to my lil' sister Veri - she's so happy because this's her first OPI. I can totally feel her because I's in seventh heaven when I bought my first OPI (We'll Always Have Paris Suede). :i

Houston We Have a Purple (what a great name :i ) is a dark magenta purple sorbet polish. It's definetely one of my favorite. I added 3 coats, because they're sheer as I expected, but the applicaiton is easy, I don't know about drying time because I immediately added one coat of Essie - G2G. 
Obviously there's VNL but I don't mind it and on pictures is shown even more than in RL. I had to play with setting to catch up its real color that's why my skin is pale too much.

Sun
Daylight
They're so super shiny, glosy and soooooo squishy. :D 

Talking about squishy immediately reminds me of this scene from Finding Nemo with Dory (Nemo is definetely on of my favorite cartoons :i )...

Dory: " Hey little guy! I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy. Come here Squishy, come here little Squishy. OUCH! Bad Squishy! Bad Squishy! ..."  :O :O

Did you watch Finding Nemo? What do you think about this squishy polish? :i

Wish you a happy weekend!

Xoxo,
Ivana :k

12 Comment(s):

  1. Looks very nice on you, can't wait to see some design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Čudovit je, ampak še vseeno me pri teh sorbetkih moti to, da se vidi konica nohta =).

    Veri si pa tud predstavljam kako je bila vesela =).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahaha, moja najljubša scena v filmu. :D Nemo je zakon. :D Teli texas sorbeti mi niso preveč pri srcu, me pa izraz squsihy spomni na Starboard od China Glaze, ker sem prvič zares dojela kaj blogerke mislijo s squishy barvo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @maRyya: It is. :)

    @Carolina: I added Prancer, I really didn't have idea for stamping. :i

    @Biba: Ane? :L

    @colorfulbottle: V živo se sploh ne opazijo tako zelo kot na slikcah. Res so taki "sladki". :i
    Verjamem, vse smo enkrat bile na njenem mestu. :$

    @alluring_mum: Thank you. :k

    @Ulmiel: Jaaa, Nemo je res zakon! :) Sem morala pogooglat Starboard, ampak res nisem pričakovala zelenega laka. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love jelly finishes, including this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Čudovit! To je v zadnjem času eden redkih, ki semga morala kupiti, ker drugače enostavno ni šlo :-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh dang! the color is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jo: Me too. :$

    @Andreja (melanie_mel): Ane? Verjamem, nisi nič zgrešila z nakupom, ker je pa res prekrasen. :L

    @carissakuo: It isss. :L

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Nemo! And this squishy polish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*