Saturday, April 7, 2012

Step by Step: Gold Glittery Zebra Print

I'm seeing Easter nails everywhere but I must say I'm not in Easter mood at all, probably because I still can't believe it's already April. :/ Well, I ate already tons of chocolate eggs. :$ I hope I'll make an Easter mani till next week, when we're celebrating an Orthodox Easter. :) 

My nails really make me sad for months now and I can't find a reason why are they peeling so much, so of course I filed them down to nubs again. I have some peelies down to the nail bed so they need to grow out but even when they grow out, they start peeling on the same place. Annoying! :)

Oh well, when I'm having nubs, I tend to use something really neutral or when I'm in the mood, I do something crazy and fun and make them at least prettier with a design. :D So, I had this lovely combination in my minds and it turned out just perfectly.... Just like the title says: Gold Glittery Zebra Print. <3


They look so good on picture. :D It looks like I spent hours on doing them, but I was done so fast - just a fun layering and stamping and you get nails like this. :) It's very similar to the first Purple Sparkly Zebra Print I did months ago. :) I took pictures of all steps so I'm posting them here as a Step by Step "tutorial", but this is far from a tutorial, because it's really really easy. :D But in case someone who doesn't have an idea how to achieve nails like this, I posted all pictures, so more after a click. 
 All you need is a base coat, base color, a glitter nail polish, image plate with zebra print (you can also draw them but I'm not good in free hand designs :D ), stamping polish and a top coat. :)

Here's what I used for this manicure:
Nail Tek - Foundation 2
Essence - Irreplaceable
BM-223
Beauty Secrets TC Fast Finish Polish Dryer

I started with 2 coats of Essence - Irreplaceable. Nude with golden glass flecks - absolutely gorgeous! :L Very easy to apply, dries fast and looks gorgeous. :D Unfortunately this beauty was discontinued this March so I hope you all have this polish in your stash! :/
Nail Tek - Foundation 2
Essence - Irreplaceable / 2 coats

Then I added 1 coat of Essence - Make it Golden. &lt;3 I already showed it to you with Chuck (going back to see this post makes me even more sad, look at my long nails :c). I really like these 2 together! Make it Golden is still available so pick this beauty asap! It reminds me of DL's Boom Boom Pow. :)

Nail Tek - Foundation 2
Essence - Irreplaceable / 2 coats

I didn't stop there so I stamped zebra pattern from BM-223 with Wet n Wild - Black Créme and topped everything with a generous coat of top coat. First I tried to stamp this pattern with China Glaze - 2030 (gold metallic) but it was way to subtle as I wanted. :D But that's the reason I'm holding it in my hands, because that Black Créme's bottle isn't very flattering to hold. :D

Daylight

Sun
Nail Tek - Foundation 2
Essence - Irreplaceable / 2 coats
 Wet n Wild - Black Créme & BM-223 / stamping
Beauty Secrets TC Fast Finish Polish Dryer

Simple as that. :D Of course you can use another color combination you like, different patterns, it's all up to you. :) I usually never think of stamping over glitter polish but I think I should do it more often, because I really love how the glitters is peeking under the pattern. :L 

Let me know how do you like it and if you own any of these colors. I'm really a big fan of Color&Go minis from Essence - they're cheap, I love their brush, bottle with colored caps (genius idea :) ) and a lovely range of colors. Sometimes I wish they weren't minis, but in case I love the color, I pick 2 bottles. :D

Have a lovely weekend my dear readers  and followers, have a lovely and happy Easter! Thanks for reading!

Xoxo,
Ivana :k


53 Comment(s):

  1. Wow, that's such a pretty combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails are so perfect :L I love how this looks, the gold and black are great together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out to be such a beautiful manicure! I love the colors together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so happy when I saw the final result. :)

      Delete
  4. I am a sucker for animal prints and this one is gorgeous!!! I love the glitter with it, gives it something extra! Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tera! I definitely just started to love them, especially because you can make so many different combos. :) Have a lovely Easter!

      Delete
  5. this is gorgeous, never thought of adding glitter to a zebra but it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glitter really gives something extra to this manicure. :L

      Delete
  6. jxnzkkaowjNslqidb omg no matter what length your nails are I always absolutely adore them. They're so beautiful and your clean up is always flawless. *fangirls* :L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Kirsten! :L Your comment makes me feel a bit better about my nails. :$ It's hard when I really want to grow them out but they just keep doing their thing. Oh well. xD

      Delete
  7. I love it! its so pretty and fancy, I need to try this i have irreplacable, i just need the gold. Happy easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need Make it Golden too! Such a lovely glitter! :L Happy Easter dear!

      Delete
  8. OMG babe! I adore these! Thanks for posting the step by step! I'm definitely going to try this one out :) BTW - I love your nubbs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :h First I didn't know if I should post them together, but now I'm happy at least someone finds them useful. :D I can't wait to see your manicure too!

      Delete
  9. Aw, I wouldn't be sad about your nail length. They look lovely the way they are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I know they're not that horrible but I just love longer nail on me. :$ It's just what I prefer more on me, but of course I like my nubs too or I wouldn't post them. xD I still think if nails are polished with a pretty color or design, they can look gorgeous short or long. :)

      Delete
  10. OMG popolno <3 Verjetno si bom sposodila tole idejo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala Ina! :h Kar kar, me prav zanima, kako izgleda na tvojih nohtih. :)

      Delete
  11. What a stunning combo! I love 'Irreplaceable' too and can't believe Essence discontinued it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yap, Essence does this very often. :(

      Delete
  12. That's an amazing combo! I love how the stamping looks over the big glitter pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances! :) Glitter really gives it another dimension. :D

      Delete
    2. I saw this color at the store today and remembered your post and bought it! I may try a similar design next...

      Delete
  13. Te han quedado perfectas. Gracias por tu arte. Un besote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! :h

      Delete
  14. These are wonderful!! I love how pretty those Essence polishes are! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I have so many of them and I still need to pick lots of them. :$

      Delete
  15. Just stunning, Ivana!! I bought Make it Golden, too and was wondering how to use it (I just layered on a couple nails but didn't satisfy me much)...And Irreplaceable is in my stash, too (not among my favourites) so I just have to try this mani!
    I'm a big fan of C&Go polishes, too. They are cheap but quality is good, and some shades are as special as high end ones ;-)
    I'm sorry for your nails :-( I hope stop peeling soon (but your hands look gorgeous all the same)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aly! :h You should try it over Chuck too, that was an awesome combo too! I really love that microshimmer inside, like a golden dust, so pretty. :L
      True, that's why I love them even more. :L Who doesn't love a great polish for a great price! Double win. :e
      Me too, they drives me nuts, but I can't do nothing. Need to get more treatments to try out. :) Thank you! :h

      Delete
    2. Today I tried it on a bronze-olive polish, I wanted to obtain a look similar to yours here, but haven't had the time to add stamping (all our friends came here for the Easter Monday BBQ). Anyway I love the subtle golden on bronze look, thanks for the suggestion!
      And I'll try it on Chuck too (less subtle, I guess :-))

      Delete
  16. Love your mani Ivana!! Sorry your nails are still peeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope they'll start peeling soon! :D

      Delete
  17. Preprepreprekrasno :L :L :L

    ReplyDelete
  18. So gorgeous! Make It Golden is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the gold glitter under the zebra print!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a gorgeous mani Ivana! I've got everything in my stash to do this too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rie! I can't wait to see it on your pretty nails! :L

      Delete
  21. dam se kladit da ovo ne bi izgledalo ovako fenomenalno na duljim noktima. kombinacija irreplacable i make it golden mi je veoma srcu draga, sljedeci put kad je napravim morat cu probat neki stamping preko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joj, kod mene nema te podele, da nešto stoji bolje na kratkim ili duljim noktima. :D Kod mene sve stoji na svemu dok je sve uredno i dobro napravljeno. :$
      I meni je ta kombinacija prekrasna, baš su stvoreni jedno za drugo. x)

      Delete
  22. SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW I MISSED THIS POST ENTIRELY?!
    I love it love it love it to pieces!
    I need to try this look like YESTERDAY! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*