Sunday, November 20, 2011

Step by Step: Sparkly Purple Zebra Print

I don't have time for doing my nails so often as before but I still want my nails to be pretty. I usually pick a color I like and wear it for a week without a chip, but because my nails are so short, I decided to make something else. :)

I shorten my nails 2 days ago, because I had some major breaks lately and if you read my blog for a while, you know I hate when my nails aren't all square or same lenght. So, it was time for a fresh start. I have a birthday next month so I decided to slowly grow them out till then. :)

Here's what I came up with. :) All pictures in this post were taken under daylight bulb with black background. 


If you want to see step by step pictures (a.k.a tiny picture spam), click read more. :)

I actually didn't know how will this turn out but I'm quite happy with the result. You can pick different colors to achieve this look so be creative. :) Or you can stop at the individual step, because all steps can be worn on its own too. It's not so hard to achieve this final look, I know you could do it even without tutorial but if I already took all the photos I'm posting these, maybe will someone find them helpful. :)

All you need is a base color, 2 glittery polish, piece of sponge, an image plate with zebra pattern and a stamping polish. :) For this manicure I used:

 Essence Nail Art Protecting Base Coat
OPI - Teenage Dream
BM-223
Beauty Secrets TC Fast Finish Polish Dryer
Piece of Sponge, Stamping Kit

I started with 2 coats of Milani - Hi-Res.


Then I added 1 coat of OPI - Teenage Dream to achieve more glittery sparkling look. Teenage Dream is a sheer pink jelly base with different sizes of glitter including gorgeous holographic glitter that's why I decided to use it. :)

Blurry
I sponged Orly - Bubbly Bombshell all over my nails. Sponging doesn't have to perfect, I just added a hint of purple on my nails. :) The picture below is blurry because I didn't saw that my macro option wasn't on.

Blurry
Then I stamped zebra pattern from BM-223 and Wet n Wild - Black Créme nail polish on my nails and finished my manicure with a layer of TC. :)


 Essence - Nail Art Protecting Base Coat
Milani - Hi-Res / 2 coats
OPI - Teenage Dream / sponged
Orly - Bubbly Bombshell / sponged
 Wet n Wild - Black Créme & BM-223 / stamping
Beauty Secrets TC Fast Finish Polish Dryer 

I wish I could capture all its beauty on photo, but I just can't. The holographic glitter is just sparkling under the zebra print, which makes this manicure so special. :)

What do you think? Will you try it out? Let me know if you like these step by step pictures. Since I got a daylight bulb I can easily do my nails at night and take pictures. :) Let me know if you're interested to see more posts like this. :)

Have a nice beggining of the week! :rainbow Thanks for reading!

Xoxo,
Ivana :k

35 Comment(s):

  1. Love , Love , Love ....Love.... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm loving these! Gorgeous colors. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks beautiful! I might try this in green, since I have the green milani holo. I love the step by step photos they are really helpful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tutorial!!
    such a great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layering is really impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! It look's so amazing!
    You have so beautiful nails and great ideas!
    Greetz from Austria

    Anja

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous!! I especially love the glitter gradient! Oh how I need to get my hands on those milani 3d polishes! I just had to cut all my nails down too, my middle finger broke down to the tip & my short nails are little nubs compared to urs lol .. ull see what im talking about in my upcoming posts lol xx <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your lovely comments, it's good to hear that you like this manicure! :h

    @drastic actions: Let me know how did it turn out! :) Thanks for the comment, now I might do more posts like these. It is a tiny picture spam but at least someone find them helpful. :h

    @rock-or-not: You're welcome! Glad you like it. :i

    @Anja: Thank you so much for your comments! Greetings back from Slovenia! :k

    @Prettyfulz: Thanks! :) Good to hear I'm not alone with short nails. :P Oh well, they'll grow back soon so no worries. :i I'm sure your nails look gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWE-SOME! Really beautiful... Love the colors too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nails are beautiful even when they are short.
    I love the final result. Thank you so much for sharing!
    :k

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is ..... LOVE.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG i really love this!! great job!! i will have to try this out one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. divan mi je konacni rezultat, bolje izgleda sa stampingom nego bez

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it ♥ you're very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  15. e, sad ću stvarno past na gu..cu :v
    fantastično :L

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too pink and glittery for me-but I really love the stamp! your nails are not that short!! They still look good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ti si res prava umetnica. Lepo <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so creative. I love how you added Teenage Dream and sponged Bubbly Bomshell. It adds another dynamic to Hi-Res! It's a perfect sparkly zebra!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks ladies for your sweet comments. :) I'm so happy to hear you like it. <3 I will try to do more manicures like this. :) It's more fun having short nails with a design like this. 8)

    @Carolina: Thank you for reading and leaving a comment. :k

    @Fingers: Thanks dear. :e You can change the colors and get another color combination that you'd love. :)

    @Nail Stories: Ty. :h I didn't know how it'll come out, but I'm really happy with the result. TD add another dimension to this mani with amazing holographic glitter. <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. Iv', this is amazing !
    Can't stop looking at it ! :)
    Xx. S

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ivana this is beautiful!! i did a similar one recently but yours is just gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. @S.: Awww, thanks dear, glad you like it! <3

    @rebecca: Yap, you're also killing us with some awesome gradient and stamping skills. <3 Ty. :h

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, It looks great, I love it! :)

    xoxo from Slovakia :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow - I love this look so much! Great combination of pinks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*