Sunday, April 22, 2012

Manicure inspired by Real Madrid C. F.

I'm a big fan of football and my all time favorite club is Real Madrid. I started watching football since 1998, I still remember the world cup I watched with my dad and I loved it. :D As a kid, I even played it with my friends, but I'm sad I never tried to train it. :/
Old team of Real Madrid with Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Zizu, Raul, Figo, Beckham, etc... made me fell in love with this club and it's still my #1. <3
Yesterday we watched another El Clasico (Barcelona vs. Real Madrid) and I tweeted if RM wins, I'm doing a manicure inspired by RM. :D And they won! :e So here's what I came up with.... 
Sun
I'm not good with free hand nail art so I decided to keep it simple. :D I used white as a base, because I love their white uniforms with gold details. I added a RM's logo on my ring finger with nail art brush and 3 gold stripes from their uniform as Adidas logo on my thumb with tape.

 
http://en.wikipedia.org
Daylight
OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener
China Glaze - Snow / 2 coats
Ring finger: China Glaze - 2030 (gold), Essence - Cool and the Gang (blue), Essence - Back to the 50's (red) + nail art brush
Thumb: China Glaze - 2030 + tape
Beauty Secrets Top Coat Fast Finish Polish Dryer

I wanted to add numbers of players but since I love the whole team, I decided to keep other nails just white. :D

Pictures aren't even close to good, because we had such a grainy (grey + rain) day and my camera didn't let me pick the gold without any shine. :( I like this mani better in person as on this pictures, kinda looks like a fail. :D 

Any Madridistas here? Do you watch football? What's your fave team? My 2nd fave team is Chelsea. :e I check almost all their matches (if I don't have time to watch it, I always check the results).What do you think? Does this mani look like a fail? :$

Have a lovely start of the week and thanks for reading!

Xoxo,
Ivana :k

40 Comment(s):

  1. I saw your tweets and I was wondering with what design you'll come up :) This looks great and not like a fail at all! The gold stripes are gorgeous on the white base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teodora! I kept thinking what to do so I did something simple. :D I totally love this white and gold combo! :L

      Delete
  2. znak si sama risala? hudo! RM <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, z zelo tankim čopičem, sem se kar malo namučila. :P Hvala! <3

      Delete
    2. res ti je super uspelo :) real je lahko ponosen da ima takšno navijačico, hehe ;)

      Delete
    3. Ane?? :P Zdaj mi lahko pošljejo le še doživljensko karto za ogled tekem na Santiagu. :D

      Delete
  3. gorgeous!! love it! im a huge football (soccer) fan so this is amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackieee! :) Good to hear here's more football fans around! :)

      Delete
  4. nevješta u nail artu - malo morgen, vidi kako si ovo super napravila *.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joj, al me nasmija. :D Hvala draga! :h

      Delete
  5. I love your nails, pretty design XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Baarççaaaaaaaaaaaa!!
    Sorry, the culé in me couldn't help it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super nice! :) I am a big fan of football me too (my fav team is Juventus) and I started watching matches when I was 5 years old. Sometimes my dad took me at the stadium, too. In 1990 I knew by heart all the names of all players of the World Cup. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Juventus, good old times with Del Piero. :) Lots of great clubs come from Italy for sure, I wish slovenian teams were interesting to watch but they aren't. xD So, one of my biggest wishes is definitely watching El Clasico at Santiago Bernabéu. <3

      Yes, me too! Collecting stickers for albums was my favorite thing back then. :D

      Delete
    2. Oh wow, Christina, I'm also Juventus fan! :) I adore Juve since 2000 (I was 11 years then :) ).

      Ivana, this manicure is so cool! ;)

      Delete
    3. @Ivana: Del Piero will be forever in my heart, IMO he's a great man and not only a great football player. I can't believe that Andrea Agnelli (who is the president of Juventus) doesn't want him in the team for the next year. He's an idiot. -.-

      @Irina: wooow! Can't believe we're both supporters of Juventus and Ferrari too. xD

      Delete
  8. Beautiful nails!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! How neat that you used a passion of yours to inspire a manicure :)
    I actually like the stripes on the thumb too! So simple but classy looking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marta! :D I really had no idea what to do so I kept it simple but it's totally "Real Madrid". I love the stripes too, especially this white and gold combo!

      Delete
  10. OMGAWD!! This is sooooo damned awesome Ivana! w00t w00t love love love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melissa for such a lovely comment! :h

      Delete
  11. fail? fail? jesi ti poludila predobro izgleda, nisam neki nogometni fan al 98 i ronalda se uvijek rado sjetim :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pa fail u slikanju, jer u živo mi je bila sto puta bolja ko na slici. :$
      Nemogu verovati kako vreme brzo leti... :)

      Delete
  12. Wow! How come I didnt see this before?
    I am a biiig areal Madrid fan.. This season was Amaazing for us :L :L

    The polish is Amazing!! Loooved it

    Hmmmm I guess this golden is limited right :(? I am looking for a similar shade.. Not to yellow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww another RM's fan! Yay! :e I'm happy with this season but I'm really looking forward for the next one. :i

      I have no idea if 2030 is still easy to get, but Barry M - Gold Foil looks similar! Maybe you could try that one. :)

      Delete
  13. Pleaaaase make a tutorial of how u painted that real madrid logo, I am a huuge fan of real madrid ever since I could remember (It's a legacy, coming from my father :D ) !! Please, Pleaaase, Pleaaasee make a video or anything u can, I really wanna have this of my nails!! Hala Madrid <3 !! Amazing btw, ur amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for another Madridista! ♡ I'll try to do something so you could recreate this too, I promise I'll do my best! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! :h

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much :) !! If u ever do something leave a comment here so that i'll know and others know too!! Thank you so much again, really appreciate it :) !!

      Delete
  14. I have to say 2 things:
    1st:i dont like the logo...because i love atletico de madrid,hahaha
    2nd:you are an artist!!!

    I like all your design =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love real and chelsea too *-* i travel to madrid in april and wanna do such nails. But i'm bad in free hand drawing. Have you any tips for the logo. The one i tried was very bad :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love real and chelsea too *-* i travel to madrid in april and wanna do such nails. But i'm bad in free hand drawing. Have you any tips for the logo. The one i tried was very bad :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*