Saturday, September 7, 2013

L'oreal Preference Wild Ombres #1 kit Review

Let's talk about hair today, shall we? :P

I fell in love with Ombre hair some time ago and I always wanted to try it on my hair too. Scared of dead ends and refusing to dye my hair again - it didn't happened. :P But one day I just knew I had to try it when these kits were available everywhere around me. So I gave it a try. Bought L'oreal Wild Ombres set at DM for around 7€. I choose shade #1 for the dark brown hair, but there're 2 shades more for light hair. My ends were darker before because I used to color my hair in black and chocolate brown. I didn't want to go too light because I think I look better with darker colors and I was scared to get that ugly brassy blond on my ends. :) 


The first thing I liked about this kit is that's so easy to use. Love the brush that comes with this set, because it just makes everything easier. I still have it in case I wanted to go ombre again and then I won't have to buy this kit again, just the bleach. :) I left the bleach working for around half an hour on my hair, then I rinsed it off. I was too scared to leave it for 15 more minutes but for a better effect I should. Or I should repeat the process again, because there's so much color left but my friend wanted ombre too so I dyed her hair. So we both have ombre hair. :P

Right after I dyed my hair.

It's subtle just the way I like it and if I'm honest, it shows better on pictures than in real life. :$ The thing I don't like is that it killed my ends. My hair was long and healthy, of course you could find split ends but they were never so dry and damaged. My hair routine was really simple (I used to use only shampoo) but I had to change it. It was impossible to deal with all the knots and mess (even with my tangle teezer) so conditioner solved the brushing a bit. And last week I decided to trim them away again and my hair is shorter for almost 10 cm and this is the second time I trimmed my hair, last time I think I cut off around 5 cm. 


So all in all, I love this kit - easy to use, brush is great and it makes a lovely ombre effect but I'm hating the fact it killed my ends. Or maybe my hair was already damaged and bleach just made them even worse. I might repurchase it again, since I love ombre effect and would love to have a slightly lighter hair but we'll see,  I don't know! :D If you want to try ombre, the easiest and one of the cheapest ways is probably with this set (it's worth to buy it for the first time to get a brush). :) But without any damaged hair, hair dresser is the best solution. :) Maybe it'll work for you.

Here's the before:
 

Did you try it out? Let me know if you would like to know anything about my hair, so I can blog more about it. :i

Xoxo, 
Ivana :k 

25 Comment(s):

  1. I was afraid for my ends but I didn't notice any difference. I was using dry hair oil for my ends before (on wet hair and as a weekly treatment), I kept using it and I didn't see more split ends or anything. I guess it depends on the hair. I love how it turned out btw, I really like the natural result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lucky girl! Wish it worked for my hair too. But oh well, I cut them off and now I'm happy again. :P

      Delete
  2. Lepo izgleda na slikah :) Jaz sem si s tem L'Oreal kit dvakrat ombre delala, pa moraš res pustiti kar dolgo gor, če hočeš kakšen efekt - prvič tudi meni ni kaj dosti prijelo. Imaš pa prav da ti uniči konice, moje so čisto suhe in boge, zato moram dajat olje za lase gor, pa malo pomaga. Saj verjetno bi bilo isto z vsako drugo barvo, samo mi je ombre tako všeč da se tudi z malo bolj bogimi konicami lahko sprijaznim :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, jaz sem jo cisto prehitro sprala, ampak me je grabila kar panika. :) Mogoce naslednjic sprobam dalj casa, ma se ne vem, ce se mi splaca. :) Mi je pa ombre top! Sploh na dolgih laseh, kjer je res lep prehod. Kaj vse delamo za lepoto. :P

      Delete
  3. Have you tried oiling your hair? For me it's a must. Since I've started to use oil in hair conditioning, my nails have benefited as well:)
    If you're interested please read articles linked below - sorry, originally it's in Polish, but I've put them through translator:
    1)
    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&u=http://www.blondhaircare.com/2012/01/olejowanie-wosow-kurs-dla.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.blondhaircare.com/2012/01/olejowanie-wosow-kurs-dla.html%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DkyN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:pl:official
    2)
    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&u=http://www.blondhaircare.com/2012/09/bedy-podczas-olejowania-wosow.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.blondhaircare.com/2012/01/olejowanie-wosow-kurs-dla.html%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DkyN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:pl:official
    3)
    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&u=http://kosmetycznealterego.blogspot.com/2012/02/bedy-w-olejowaniu-wosow.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://kosmetycznealterego.blogspot.com/2012/02/bedy-w-olejowaniu-wosow.html%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3Dx1N%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:pl:official
    4)
    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pl&u=http://siempre-la-belleza.blogspot.com/2012/11/10-wosowych-patentow-z-internetu.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://siempre-la-belleza.blogspot.com/2012/11/10-wosowych-patentow-z-internetu.html%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DK1N%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:pl:official

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link, will check them out later. I do use oils, especially virgin coconut oil, because it works best for me. But unfortunately I'm too lazy for that too. :/ I should take care of my hair more often though.

      Delete
  4. ooo lepo pride na tebi :) da ne omenjam kako imaš lepe dolge lase! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ful ti paše, pa kake lepe laske maš <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think this is overpriced. i have ombre for almost 2 years -and i use syoss bleach -works just the same, but costs less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how much does bleach cost here but 7€ isn't a really high price for a bleach and great brush you can use again and again. :)

      Delete
  7. You really have a better effect than I have. When I used this, I had some areas of my hair bleach almost totally to blond while the other areas I treated were just brown. And yeah, it killed my ends too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I would die! And what did you do after? :/ Too bad to hear that it turned out like that for you. :(

      Delete
  8. Try using Moroccan oil on your ends - it will help! Looks great on you! xx



    http://ms-jelena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fan of natural oils so I'm using coconut oil from time to time but split ends need to be cut off. :)

      Delete
  9. Omg kok maš lepe douge lase! :L Lahko spišeš kakšn hair care post :h
    Drugače pa vem kako ti je - ene 5 let sem se barvala na blond + vsak dan likala = lasi skurjeni do konic. Pol sm dala pa gor rjavo barvo in 2 leti čakala, da mi je tisto uničeno preraslo in končno sem mela lase 100% mojo barvo in tut precej zdravi so bli. Ampak itak mi je blo dolgočasno in sem ta teden šla na rdečo in kar se tiče videza mi ni žal samo jao moje konice! :~

    ♥, moonchild beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvala Nusa! Ja, mogoce pa jo res spisem (ampak moja rutina je tako enostavna). :i

      Na zalost je pa res tako. Ne vem zakaj mi je bilo tega treba, ampak neko spremembo je pa tudi super narediti, se boljse pocutimo. :) Skoda las po drugi strani, ampak se dobro, da vedno zrastejo nazaj, me pa si lahko privoscimo taksne in drugacne spremembe, ane? :)

      Delete
  10. ajoj kolika ti je kosa *.*
    blanširanja se bojim k'o samog vraga, ne želim to svojoj kosi priuštiti ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Waw, kakšne lepe lase imaš. Kot v reklamah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. imaš prepredivnu kosu *__*

    ReplyDelete
  13. o moj bog, kok lepi lasje! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Online Indian WhatsApp Wedding Video Invitations
    Create Invitation Videos And E Cards Online For Weddings
    Free Online Invitation And Save The Date Video Maker Cum
    Indian Wedding invitation video maker online free
    Wedding Invitation Videos | Wedding Invitation Video Best Save the Date Videos
    Wedding Invitation Video Maker Online

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment here, I really apreciate every comment I get! Please do not spam my comments with the links to your blog, especially if you are here just to paste the link. Thank you for understanding!

Ivana*